Friday, February 4, 2011

"a world full of geometry"







This is the first painting that I did for my class. For this, I used acrylic paints on a 16" x 20" canvas; titled "a world full of geometry". The overall unit or theme for this painting was: simple geometric figures. This is what I mental created before class started, and was greatly surprised by what everyone else was making. Most students in the class did a still-life of the cube, flower pot which a basketball sat on, and other trinkets that sat around the cube. That was not something that appealed to me at all. As the professor originally stated that our paintings need to come from the heart; I stuck with what I had. Not only did a feel a stronger connection to paint what I had already mentally drawn up, but it also just felt right. 


I love the randomness of the overall painting, as well as the uniqueness of each shape. There are no two shapes or lines that are the same. Even if they look the same on here, I can guarantee that the naked eye will pick up different textures when seeing this in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment