Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"flower."




This is my fourth painting. I used acrylic paints on a 12" x 12" canvas; titled "flower." My little sister (age 6) has seen each and every painting that I've created so far and kept asking me if she could have something. She is a very girlie-girl who loves flowers, the colors: pink, purple, and light blue, as well as butterflies. I tired to take these favorites of hers and incorporate them into a painting for her.  For this one, instead of throwing on my usual mix of music for when I paint --I decided to listen to music with strong female singers, or songs by female artists that I have an awesome beat that makes you wanna dance. I think my favorite thing about this painting is the overall brightness. My first few paintings were not as bright (although there were some bright colors within; they were more darker in appearance than this one).


=side note= 
    Once I had finished this painting and let it dry, I showed it to my sister.  The first thing that came out of her mouth was "That is so beautiful! I love it!!! Can I have it Katie?"  I cracked the biggest smile and told my sister that I painted it for her. She was absolutely THRILLED, and the look on her face when I told her it was hers gave me one of the best feelings in the world. I only hope that I can keep doing things that will produce the same sort of reactions in others.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment